Originally Posted by Anonymous
On that note I basically give up. Again, you lack the ability to take meaning from the written word. Thus you have poor reading comprehension.
I never said meaningful minutes.
I never said I was strictly talking about varsity.
I was talking about the idea that if a kid in middle school were to play up at the high school level they would need to pass the tests I mentioned. The test is in place because there is a disparity between a 9/10th grader and a 7/8th grader.
When you reclass or holdback you are in reality taking kids old enough to be in high school and playing them against middle school students. Your inability to grasp that concept is mind boggling.

Thank you for giving up. You make no points at all. Plus you are all over this and the 2028 board railing against holdbacks. So sorry you live in a town with a weak lacrosse program that pulls kids up from Middle School to field their JV and Varsity teams. If we look at your orig rant, you are upset that your little guy plays against older kids in travel, but you are OK with him playing on your lame JV team because he took a test and ran a mile under 7 minutes. So, is your solution to have private club teams pass physicals before they step on the field this Spring and Summer? That is truly groundbreaking. Why not let the parents decide what is best for their kid? If you’re afraid of getting him hurt, maybe drop him down to the B division. AA is for the elite and clearly not for kids with foolish, ignorant parents who can’t grasp this concept.

You throw around insults about failing to comprehend these ridiculous rants but I’ll summarize: Older kids are bigger and stronger. If your kid is born late in the year, they are at a disadvantage to those born earlier. You can complain about it and try to make people feel guilty for their personal decisions, but, in the long run, Coaches want the best players. Faster and Bigger will always find a spot over the younger guy with the 5’8” Dad who started on JV in 7th grade.