Originally Posted by Anonymous
No assumptions needed. It’s probably a small school in Suffolk with very high travel lax participation rates but a crappy HS team. Take your pick, there’s so many. Respectable schools do not have 8th graders playing meaningful minutes. You are delusional, or your definition of respectable needs work. The Sr at Duke, maybe one of the best players in the world, did it for Bay Shore in 8th. Noone on LI has been at that level since.

On that note I basically give up. Again, you lack the ability to take meaning from the written word. Thus you have poor reading comprehension.
I never said meaningful minutes.
I never said I was strictly talking about varsity.
I was talking about the idea that if a kid in middle school were to play up at the high school level they would need to pass the tests I mentioned. The test is in place because there is a disparity between a 9/10th grader and a 7/8th grader.
When you reclass or holdback you are in reality taking kids old enough to be in high school and playing them against middle school students. Your inability to grasp that concept is mind boggling.