Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels Black is new team this year. Kids from last years Rebels Central , East and kids from other clubs including Empire. This is not just for WS, it’s a team , that will compete with all. It’s called Rebel Black. New year, new team, all on age, and practicing 3 times a week. What exactly are they doing wrong.

And a bunch of 28’s practicing with them because they know their 29 team will struggle. Team will be better with the new coaches but they still have a ways to go to compete with the better LI teams (91, Express, Igloo and Moose). Let’s see how they do when they play some real AA tourneys and some tough teams like Madlax, Eclipse or Leading Edge. The documentary should be entertaining but highlights reels from practice don’t win games!

Bunch of 28’s from where??

Everyone who goes to the World Series will grab 28’s from their own organization who are still age eligible.

I’ve heard the tourney season cutoff is 6/1/10 but the Regional qualifiers and WS is 9/1/10 which makes more sense but could also disqualify a bunch of older players (as it should). Does anyone know if this is true? It’s pretty funny how scared some of these teams are to play against a level playing field; you know who you are.

It’s 9/1. It’s right on the world series webpage.
NLF is 6/1 for 2029s. Also right on their webpage.
I don’t think LI teams are using holdbacks like other clubs from the rest of the country. If you said that kids wouldn’t qualify because they are beyond the 100 mile radius, then i think you would be closer to right as a couple of teams have out of state players. I don’t think any LI teams are scared of any other LI teams. They all play different schedules and tournament groupings depending on club allegiances and tournament ownerships.

I’d suspect that if the NLF cutoff is 6/1, certain teams will talk it up and berate the qualifiers and WS because they know the 9/1 date will impact their team and they’ll have kids who are ineligible, and therefore, not able to run through teams. It’s sad that youth lacrosse has come to this and that the arrogant, pathetic parents living vicariously through their child, can’t handle parity. More pathetic is the fact these same teams are using location and cost as an excuse. What happened to competition? Maybe spend more time teaching your kid how to lose with dignity? What a concept that would be.

If you’re suspecting i guess you’re not in the know. Or your just lobbing accusations because you don’t care for one of the clubs that have decided to not participate, and i’d suspect it’s the two numbered club. If you have a child playing 2029 on LI you should by this time at least have some friends that have children on most other teams. And if that was the case you actually would know how the choosing to not participate went down with both teams. It went down two completely different ways and there are unhappy parents on both teams. Ask around and you’ll find out.

I’ll ask you, please tell?!?!?