Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It doesn’t make that kid better but also doesn’t really make the kid worse either. Only benefit is for the college coaches. Essentially getting a red shirt freshman freshman year. An additional year of muscle growth and development.
Why not PG a year which is what happens in basketball a lot, why not hold them back going into freshman year in HS, Basically what your saying the benefit doesn't arrive until they become a HS player and maybe lucky enough to be a college player. You are only making the argument stronger for those that believe holdbacks at this age really makes no sense for the player playing down. Does anyone else have a better answer to justify holding a player down a year? I am being serious here I would totally consider it for my own kids if anyone has a good reason for it to happen before HS.

PG only helps those that have a committment so they can be stashed at a prep school and not at a college roster for a year or for those who tell colleges way ahead of time (freshman or sophomore year( that they are going to PG.