Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody else been hearing a lot about this looneys comeback?

Have not heard anything. Unless someone new takes over the name and other assets, I don't believe there is any way to come back from what SA did to the club.

You might get a few kids who are just starting to play to attend a tryout, but I don't believe he could attract enough to restart and sustain a club. Anybody who knows local area lacrosse would not consider trusting him again.

Having said that, if a new director were to take over and show a plan that included competent leadership and coaching, there could be a comeback. The name is known. Looney's was once a large club, with teams for both boys and girls.

The bigger questions is, does the area need yet another expensive club lacrosse team? My answer is no. What the area needs is for the clubs to work with and support the local rec board teams that develop little kids. The cost to get started is too high for many families.

Clubs ought to help to feed and grow the sport, rather than adding younger and younger teams each year. Do we really think it is worthwhile to pay a couple grand per season for elementary-age kids to learn the game? I don't.

Looneys ain't coming back any time soon. The youngest team they ever had were 2027s, who all fled to Predators and I think FCA. If I were running Looneys I would try to set up a loose alliance between myself, LTRC, and TRC/Kelly Post. Which would mean, to an extent, shoving True Baltimore's corpse out of the Towson lax-o-sphere.

That's a great idea. Let the local rec board teams teach the game to the little ones, then allow players/families who want to stay with the sport (and devote more time, more games, more tournaments) to move to the club.

You ladies are really caught up on this club lax thing. I feel bad for your husbands and your daughters teams
Love when the dads try to blame their whining on the ladies.