Originally Posted by Anonymous
O
I guess all is well in ESM land. No drama now that they made the county finals. What a difference a week makes. Good luck on Tuesday.

It's not well at all but will be soon, when she's gone! Just being kept quiet until the end of the season.

I just want to know what administration in their right minds would fire a coach who has brought the program to the county championships four years in her five years of coaching!! Just saying!!!

Ok, I'll fill you in. Every administration is obligated to protect the well-being of young girls, and give them ALL a positive, healthy experience, which they're entitled to, without being bullied, and verbally and mentally abused. Based on your post, I know you don't understand, but believe it or not, that's more important than winning. Nobody is saying the new coach can't be tough on them, but you need to know where to draw the line. Our younger ESM girls will be better off with someone who's more positive, even if they win a few less games.

Problem is its impossible to give every player a positive experience. Name one program where that happens. There are too many varied expectations among players and parents of what a positive experience should be. We had a coach years ago that the girls really like personally but she played all kids almost equal time and we were barely competitive, the better players started to resent it and losing gets old in a hurry.

That's why the better players have their club teams, where competing comes first, and where the college recruiting is done. Problem solved.

That's ridiculous , its a varsity sport , play to win . If you want your kid to get more playing time have them play JV. Actually things should be the exact reverse of what you are saying, club teams should play the kids relatively equal time as they have all paid the same and its about recruiting more than winning. Varsity sports should be about winning ,again if you just want your kid to play stay on JV.