Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am new to the site and a little overwhelmed.... so please be patient.

My daughter is Class of 2020 and after playing JV as a freshman, want to now play in a year round league to improve her skills to assure she can play Varsity as a junior. She has played clinics as the LI Sports Hub in winter and an Adelphi program this past summer. Playing for the purposes of being recruited for colleges is not a priority- but I clearly understand why leagues at this level do so.

So many leagues...... and tryouts are coming soon.

I am looking for some honest feedback as to what might be some leagues to consider.

So I've figured out the REPLY button but am unsure if this should be a separate thread. My apologies if not.

If its all about gaining experience and playing, I would choose based on where you live. In Nassau County, Liberty probably offers the best/most frequent training year round. Icon might too, I'm not sure. In Suffolk, you have Elevate, Top Guns and YJ. I'm not sure any of those are good options for what you're looking for. Based on the fact that your daughter has never played travel, I don't think she could make a club's top team. Top Guns and YJ don't do much with their "B" teams. Elevate offers years round training, but their B teams are not competitive.