Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are we always talking about the top 10% of schools and players? Never ever realistic talk of where most kids will play and get into with average academics and average lacrosse? Elon, Bryant, Marist, Fairfield, Iona, Quinnipiac, LIU Brooklyn and so many more

You're right. Everyone wants the top ten (especially when your daughter is in 9th grade and you haven't yet been down the lacrosse recruiting road - we did too). My daughter had a few offers from higher ranked lax schools, but for little money and she was clearly not one of their top picks. She did, however, have offers from a few schools you mention, as well as a few other similar schools. She picked the one she liked best, is getting substantial athletic money and is very happy with her choice. Academically the school is a great fit for her too.

I have a solid B student who is a good player. Anyone know anything about Mercy and Oneonta? Those are my people! Funny how I share I sideline with a lot of similer kids and families every weekend yet when they get on BOTC they turn into elite players and students