Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know how long it typically takes a coach to give an offer?
My daughter was invited by an assistant coach at a top 15 school to his december camp

My 2016 daughter visited her first school during August 2013 (summer after sophomore year). She visited seven more schools over the next 10 months. She then received her first offer in late June 2014, then her next one less than a week later. She accepted the second schools offer because it was her favorite and also the first school she visited. We've heard of some girls getting offers on a first visit but I doubt this is typical. Most stories we've heard involved a months long courtship with several schools. Good luck and choose wisely.

my daughter was offered by every school she visited on the spot, they offered because they saw that they were competing with the other schools.

It's funny that you mention offers "on the spot" because of the eight schools my daughter visited, probably three or four actually said that they could tell she wasn't ready to commit yet so they were reserving her offer for later. I think she could've had more offers "on the spot" but she wasn't willing to just jump at the first offer she had. She's a really good player and we knew she would have multiple offers and choices, which she did. Our club director was 'spot on' about how to handle the process and we are very thankful to her and her husband. She's been a D1 and D2 college coach, college club team coach, and a IAAM coach, so she knows the process from all three views. So, the take away here is, for those in the middle of the recruiting frenzy, that college coaches can sense when a player is ready to commit or listen to an offer and when they're not, and still shopping. After a year of visits, my kid was ready to make a choice and luckily she had options to choose from. Like I said above, good luck and choose widely.