Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree. Competition was definitely lacking. A couple areas showed competition in the beginning of the games but just did not have the depth to hang with Baltimore. It looked liked a goal grab for players who showed athleticism but not lacrosse skills. We all know running through doubles and triples is not going to work. The top 10 teams in the 2027s would not have given up half the goals scored by Baltimore.

This was not at all what the offense looked like so I have to assume you're just commenting to hear yourself talk. Compared to other experiences my DD has had with events like these, this team did NOT have many girls trying to run through doubles and triples (though there are always one or two who try it) and a large percentage of their goals were scored off moving the ball on fast breaks and assists to cutters. Scoring was spread out. Competition was fine, though admittedly no one came within 5 goals of the Baltimore Command team. But the Burn team, which was loaded, had closer games.

Re: the person's question about defense, my DD does not play defense so I wasn't paying as close attention but there were more than 3 defenders. One girl who made it as a defender tore her ACL so they had fewer from the start. In order to make subbing easy and even one midi played at defense and attack each half, they took turns.