I believe you are supporting what I said, but I spelled it out differently. Most likely in a flurry without reading it through. Apologies.

So what am I talking about, you ask?

There have been questions about coaching, about the number of players on rosters, the cost of the program, about touches on defense (of all positions), and playtime. About a 2021 team! It's ridiculous.

The posters earlier in the thread are fishing for answers about the program. For all I know, the original poster is also trying to learn more about the youth lax community and system. And that's what I expanded the conversation to be about.

Some of the answers, given to the original poster, I think, are inaccurate. I tried summing it up to be as realistic as possible. Pretty poorly I guess. My post was my assessment of the different aspects involved in this crazy youth sports world, specifically lax, on LI.

I was merely stating you get what you put in in to it. Don't expect to get better by shelling out some dough. Don't expect to get better if you don't show up to practice. Don't expect to play if you are not there to know how the team functions. That is a harsh reality.

It's what you put into it. Really, who cares about touches for a 2021 team?...And talk about playtime?...come on...Playtime is directly related to being on the practice field and improving. It always has been. Hey, even when we wore those tight polyester shorts in high school.

Reality check: It's not equal play like PAL. If you're not there for practice, it's gonna affect the team. It will definitely affect playtime. The CHOICE is your to make. The commitment is yours. All for the sole purpose of fun, improvement, and competition. Yes, improving. I agree. Like the days of old.

And when one poster flatly states "26+ players means less playing time and less reps in practice. something to question for top dollar price." or "4 middy lines" to rouse the forum, it drives me insane. They are, in fact, inaccurate statements. I guess I fell hook line and sinker. Sorry everyone.

I was trying to help one poster weave their way through the ever so difficult youth lax world, today, not what it used to be. I agree it used to be about improving. But today, not only is it about improving, but also competition, and unfortunately, business.

BTW, I never once mentioned anything about the number of wins, as that means nothing to me. I wrote that narrowing down errors in different facets of the game make a team better. From player, parent, coach and director. That's not a new sport philosophy and certainly not far fetched. It's the reality of these programs in today's competitive lax world. They are trying to find that magical combination.

AND, I mentioned nothing about tourneys.

New News flash: I don't even have college coaches or recruitment on the radar, nor was it mentioned. So I don't know how that was brought into play. What are you talking about? But to go on your train of thought...I'm thinking about grades, math and science...and using the state schools. Anyone expecting to be recruited and scholarship'd are fooling themselves. Any family who has money for private schools these days, you took a better path than I...congrats.

Faith and family first. Education second. Sports further down the line.

I'll quit the jabber. Sorry if I ruffled feathers. And more importantly, apologies if my writing is not clear. Too much coffee I guess. I'm done and in the future will keep my opinions to myself.