Originally Posted by Anonymous
The whole AA, A, B thing is garbage. I've seen kids that were B players work hard switch teams and get on the A teams. Same for the the A player that doesn't work hard and get picked to go to B team. I think as parents we all place too much value on letters! My son was a B player and now plays A ball at a high level. Typically the coaching on the B teams is not even close to that of the A team. I know with Express who had 4 teams had 3 below average coaches and Chan team. I think they changed for the better putting on 2 teams out with high level talent and very good coaching!

That seems to be the new model now, focus on talent and not money. If you notice there are a lot less teams than there were a few years ago. Meaning each organization had 3 teams per age group not the case anymore.

Not true. Express and the others are still doing it. Express just overloads there teams. And pretends they will split it.

I know your kid does not play for Express! This year that is not the case. Chan team has 30 and CoachMor team has 28. As of now those are the numbers, not sure how it will look at the end of the season.

First of all 28 and 30 is also way too many for one team.
2nd we are not just talking about one age bracket. Look at the other age brackets. Some have 40 to 50 kids on a team. And yes they say they will split them.