Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is a serious question. With only 1 year left of travel lacrosse, is it worth it to switch clubs? Many unhappy players between TG and Elevate girls. Can a switch of clubs help or hurt these girls?

At that age, options may be a little limited or you may be going to an established team which may be a little hard for your daughter. There may be a few options but most clubs at that age will have one team in that age group except for TG, YJ and Liberty. Elevate will make a 2018/19 combo team but you know how that went this year with the 2017/18 team which is why they are so unhappy. Our story, we left Elevate 2 years ago and went to Liberty Red. This past summer was great and we had a lot of new kids. Since we had new kids there were NO clics at all. We had a lot of Elevate kids come over too last year so if your daughter was on Elevate she will know them. We had about 16/17 kids at every tournament (5/6 subs per game so lots of playing time). The kids were very committed and showed up to everything. There were kids from all over long island and in spite of what people say only a couple from Manhasset. We played in the right level at tournaments and had a lot of competitive games. Never got blown out and only blew out like 2/3 teams all summer. We also took advantage of the winter clinics at the HUB that Liberty put on as well as the winter indoor league. The 2018 Red and Black teams practiced together frequently. I think that Liberty Red team will add a few kids but I believe most kids will come back, not all but most as they had a really great summer. So what are the options - YJ will always have a place for you and I would guess at 2018 YJ will probably have 3 teams next year. as you said TG and Elevate have a lot of unhappy people. What does that leave fl$, they had a tough summer and would doubt they will have a lot of kids returning. Go to some tryouts and see what your daughter thinks. If your daughter likes playing, then it worth finding a place that makes her happy.