Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your way too long diatribe is just ridiculous. Of course they need to address the early recruiting as it has gotten out of control. There are too many things you wrote that are ignorant and it would take too much time to address them all so I will make a few points. First how does moving the recruiting age back negatively impact anyone ? They are suggesting no contact until September of junior year, who gets hurt by this ? Your suggestion of if a college coach or player and their parents don't want to be involved in early recruiting then just don't is asinine, it's the same logic as the pro steroid users in baseball," it's their business if they want to use roofs that's up to them". Why am I against early recruiting because it did have a negative impact on my child and is now affecting my next . They are now making offers to 8th grade kids ( especially some MD players ) , if your kid is one of them there is pressure to make that decision as that spot and that offer are not open ended. If your kid is not ready to make that decision at 13-14 years old they will in fact lose out on certain opportunities so yes it can and does negatively impact those kids .

Agreed that my diatribe was long but remember, nobody forced you to read it. To some degree I am playing devil's advocate. I do think that the coaches are recruiting the girls too early but I think that the current environment will evolve and work itself out. I am not a fan of the NCAA and believe that any rule implementation will result in many unintended consequences.

I was attempting to address and counter what was written in the adjoining (previous) post.

Feel free to point out what is ignorant, inaccurate or untrue in my post.

I do not believe that I stated "moving the recruiting age back negatively impact anyone".

I did not mention anything about moving it back to september first hurting anyone. I just do not think the NCAA should have to make a rule. If 90% of the coaches want to wait then they should wait.

Why is it asinine to suggest that the coaches and players/families do not have to engage in early recruiting if they do not want to? Nobody is being forced into anything. I would say comparing taking drugs to early recruiting is asinine.

I am sorry that you feel that early recruiting has had a negative impact on your children. What was the impact? I am sure that early recruiting has had a positive impact on others.

What if the kid is not ready to make a decision in the fall of her Junior year? Are you going to advocate moving the date again? There is no perfect time. Everyone is different. Some people are ready to make the decision in 9th grade, some in 10th some will never be ready.