Originally Posted by Anonymous
elevate red does not see college recruits??

Had a daughter on there last year. We saw some, not a lot of coaches at games last year. I think it had to do with a few things. One, not many of the girls wrote to coaches on that team, some did, but not many. That is a little bit of a driver in getting coaches there. They were encouraged to but many did not. Another reason, they are a 2nd team in that age group, have much less interest from college coaches, just the nature of how things go, colleges focus first on top teams, no question. Another reason elevate red got little interest from college coaches was because the blue team rarely played top teams. That means the red teams were playing even lower level teams as a result. When you are playing much lower level teams, there is less interest. I think the fact that there are a lot of girls moving from white to red based on the new roster for this year, I would doubt a lot of the white girls will be getting a lot of traction from college coaches so again, I think that will still be an issue with this team. Don't ask the club or anyone representing the club, they are selling you on this as a way to join. Ask around, ask people on the team from last year, you are making a big investment in money and more importantly time. We are trying out for other clubs and want to get on a top team in any other club, you will get more exposure there. Still doing some more tryouts. I spent a good deal of time looking into this. Hope this helps. Good luck to your daughter.

You all seem to be missing the point. If you are a B/C level player and leave to go to a top team in another club, that just means you are going to a club whose top team is a B/C caliber team. Your talent (or lack thereof) has not changed because you are now playing in another zip code. Coaches know that and you will have the same amount of sideline action as if you had stayed at the original club. Play where your daughter will be happy, be proactive about your recruiting; it is your process, not the club's, and be gracious when others are on a higher team. Not everyone can be an A player. And thats fine. There are many colleges looking for the B level player too. If your daughter is an appropriate level player for their school and you are reaching out to them, she will get seen, regardless of club or team.

In the first post above, the poster is correct that you need to let coaches know where and when you are playing. The recruiting tournaments list what coaches are attending and you need to reach out to them. Also, if you are in a tournament near some schools your daughter is interested in, reach out to those coaches even if they are not on the list of attendees because they might just come to see you based on your interest in them.
The second post above also hits on a good point where you need to be realistic. Most high D1 schools already have 2018 recruits. Maybe they will need a person if someone backs out etc.. but if your daughter was a D1 talent, you would be telling me how it works. There is a college match for most every girl who wants to play lax and if your daughter has good grades and is a good (notice I didn't say great) lax player, the D3 schools will find scholarship money for academics.

We already visited about 15 campuses last lax tourney season and my daughter ruled out urban campuses. The other thing we heard was to look at a schools lax roster and see if they have LI girls playing as there are some schools that shy away from LI girls and even if your daughter goes there, she may be miserable.