Originally Posted by Anonymous

You really are a giant loser , we get it you think your kid is a superstar because they committed early. Good for her but if you do not feel the system is broken and in need of some help you are delusional and are also at odds with about 90 percent of college coaches. My kids are done and the recruiting process was too early for them and has gotten even more so now. I can tell you the early commits were and are not always the best players , some just knew where they wanted to go and got an offer and jumped at it. Talk to a kids teammates about them committing early and you generally get an honest assessment as in "that's crazy what was that school thinking ", or "that makes sense she is a stud".Many of the top kids take a little extra time because they receive many offers and the coaches generally are willing to wait a little longer for a decision. Bashing people because they think having 13-14 year olds make such big decisions is too soon by saying its jealousy just shows you realize maybe your kid is not a top player despite committing early.Again the kids on the team know who the actual top players are so stop fooloing yourself.

Another hater with the name calling.

If the kid is being recruited by Maryland, North Carolina and Duke I think it is safe to say that it is not the parent who thinks the player is a superstar.

If 90% of the college coaches are against it then tell them to stop doing it.

It is the Top Schools that are the most engaged in the early recruiting process. Those schools do not recruit middle of the road players, if they did they would not remain at the top for very long.

Shame on you for allowing your kids to commit too early. Why didn't you have them wait? When is the right time? If Duke, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Boston College, Georgetown, Princeton, Penn, Virginia, Hopkins and Maryland come calling why should you wait? I think reasonable rational people can make an informed choice. If something changes down the road they can revisit their decision.

I think he/she is bashing people because some people are jealous and bitter and it is displayed on this site, on the sidelines and around town. I think that he/she is calling some people out because (like you) some people think that they know what is best for everyone. If you do not think that the coaches from the Top 10-20 programs in the country can identify talent you may be the one who is delusional. Maybe the coaches should let the kids or better yet the parents do the recruiting.

Every situation is different, live and let live. Worry about your own kid.

The college coaches can stop it any time they want. They don't stop it because they all go after the same kids. The top coaches spot the top players and then they race to recruit them. In my experience it is parents of kids who are not being recruited by the top schools who have the biggest problem with it.

You may also be delusional if: you do not think there is a tremendous amount of jealousy and bitterness harbored by some who believe their daughter is getting overlooked by certain schools.