That's an interesting comment. What was/is the negative inpact to both of your children? I agree that this is all way too early, but at the end of the day college coaches have been at this a long time and do know what they are looking for in a prospective athlete. And as much as parents all want what's best for their child, far too many parents have an unrealistic view in terms of what colleges should be interested in their child. As in all sports, coaches aren't looking at ability in the present day, they see a player and try to project what that players ability can be 3-4 years from now, i.e. what is their upside. And if they see a very talented player, who they also believe has a tremendous upside, they will get interested. While they might not get it right all the time, they get it right enough that the top teams remain the top teams. If your daughters don't happen to be in those conversations, and it's consistent, i.e. She isn't getting those early looks, then it's probably time to start being more realistic in terms of her ability to play at a certain level. Plenty of opportunities out there, they just may not be at the level you think she should be.