Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for information regarding showcases...at what grade/age do the boys start looking into them? Is this something the kids do on their own, or that their coaches help them with? Son is prob a D2 level player right now, but has said he's interested in playing in showcases to see how he stacks up against other kids his age. Any advice/suggestions would be extremely helpful. I'm asking because some of his friends are playing in some showcase in DE in October, so I told him to ask how they got into it. Assuming he's like most socially @ChillLaxin 9th graders, he won't ask. Appreciate the feedback.

Based on mistakes I made, I think 9th grade is still early to do them. If you want to check them out that's fine. Keep in mind that no college coaches will be looking at 9th graders. Right now they are looking to lock in their 2026's and top tier schools are starting to scout the top 2027's. Many of these are also a ton of money. A lot of college coaches are paid to be there, especially for the younger grades. A lot of these are a few hours of skills work. Then after kids split up into teams and just play games with random college assistants as your "coach". I paid for the player series for my older kid in 8th and 9th grade and it was a complete waste of money in regards to recruiting value. This is just my opinion. Best of luck.