Originally Posted by Anonymous
So the Nova parents need to pick a team per age group and push our best to it. If not we will never get any of our kids in the ELITE div. or top tournaments .

You are one of the strangest dads ever.

What is strange about the numbers game we have here. And what is strange about working together to make a elite team at each grade for NOVA?

You mean have a convention for lacrosse dads like the Republicans are doing and we pick a leader from Cabell, Trig or Ryan McClernan? If we do that will our sons' lacrosse teams be able to beat Hillary?

Well that kinda sounds like it will work. Because those three are crazy but they are the best we got. So we should pick the best of the worst and move forward. If we do not do something like this we will be left behind at the Elite level for another 10 to 15 years.

If lacrosse dads don't do this their 8th graders will be left behind, the recruiting classes will fill up before their 9th grade year ends and they will be left behind. Well, all of that is true unless this sport reforms very soon. But this is bad? This affects kids for the next 10-15 years or more? I have a son in college now go through all of this crap and he was offered about $10K-15K a year by 4-5 D1 colleges, but wound up at an academic choice where he plays without any scholarship money. I don't aim to patronize but there isn't anything life changing about a partial lacrosse scholarship and the crowds at my son's Ivy team is smaller than the crowds at some local prep games in the DMV. If everyone let this ship sail, I think you'd be amazed at how much happier your son's experience from age 12-18 will be. If he is much better later than committed kids he will get a chance. This recruiting thing will self correct in a couple years if the NCAA doesn't do it before then. Some of those coaches kids and dads ogled over when my son was going through this are about to get fired anyways.