Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3D has a great nationwide presence but they are just plain awful in northern va. They can't even field a 2020 team and the 2019's and 2021's got smoked almost every week in the HoCo league. I think it's way too much to pay in this area. Madlax is expensive and seems to have too many events, but you get bang for your buck. I hope they leave the area so that the stable teams here will get as strong as the Md teams.

Thanks for sharing Cabell.

I'm not Cabell nor a madlax parent...just a dad trying to navigate this precarious club landscape in nova. It's tough here. Madlax is the only decent youth program but god forbid you don't want to do almost $4K a year worth of lax bc until about 8th grade you can be stuck with really crappy options here. 3D is not competitive here. They can't even field a 2020 team. Rec can really suck bc whatever dad is coaching? Guess what....his kid is GONNA play attack or face off whether he can do it or not. Madlax is the only one here that does it well year after year but the downside sucks. Too much $ and too much lacrosse for those who have other kids and want a family life outside of this during the summer. I just wish we had more options here. VLC and BW do great at HS level and are extremely competitive but no youth program. 3D is not competitive. Cavs? Enjoy winning your B level championship over the Lynchburg Lumberjacks every week. Meanwhile just across the river the Md kids have tons of options to choose from. I just wish people would stop chasing these fly by night clubs and yet few strong ones could take hold and offer some real options for AA level nova players.