Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only reason there would be any serious recruits from HHH would be due to the fact that those kids go to elite private schools with connections and the club plays little to no role in the recruiting process. Not to mention many top college recruits have personal (family) connections to coaches and college lacrosse. I’d like to see a low income kid from a public school with no family connections who plays for HHH go to a top lacrosse college.

HHH's problem isn't public vs private at this point. The problem is the overall decline of the program. Easy come, easy go. It used to be the only game in town (as stated earlier). All the studs converged at the club and made things almost automatic. Clearly very minimal effort was put into organizational structures and infrastructure to "build" the program. Almost zero investment. Now that the competition is amazing in the area, we are starting to see the HHH club teetering on the decline phase of the product life cycle. I don't think they are equipped to deal with the nuts and bolts of running an organization (outside offering 2 NLF tournaments per year). And that may be fine.

I am predicting HHH will sell to one of these big corporate firms snatching up the local teams. Cash out while they still have a premium name. The 2025 is the last class that will be heavily recruited to top-tier D1 schools. After that, we will all see a noticeable drop off in signings meaning a drop off in the valuation by those large firms.

I am sure some of these corporate groups have already approached HHH about selling. However, since they are one of the original NLF members I’d be willing to bet it is not their decision alone to sell to whomever they want. My guess is that there is a NLF board and that they would have to sign off on whomever BM would consider selling to. I doubt they want one of their flagship clubs going to a corporation like 3 Step or BPG.

Yes, that could be a potential drag on the rumor mill. Maybe 3Step will buy the whole NLF and start bleeding everybody for club fees and access to top tier recruiting events. Lacrosse parents will pay whatever it takes to get their kids a look.
Let's try this one on... What if the PLL took over ownership of the the NLF? Set up 4 de-facto national summer tournaments culminating in the national championship tourney. Expanded internet coverage and streaming of all events on one platform or another? Throw all the marketing and social media at it. Clearly not something that would happen, but it would be amazing for the sport if it did.