Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are clubs, programs and training for kids of every socioeconomic background, if you’re willing to search for it.
The Duke’s is not only one of the most cost-effective programs, it’s also one of the most diverse.
Work hard, achieve success in the classroom and good things will follow.

This is for real and if you ask club directors they can also direct you to some generous people that offer scholarships.

Are any of these travel clubs "non-profits"? Why would anyone donate to a for profit business?

It is not a donation to a non-profit, it is support of deserving athletes. There are lots of folks who love the sport and want to see kids of all background play. I would think some clubs would discount or provide scholarships for deserving athletes which can't afford the dues to help themselves. All of the private schools are subsidizing cost for talent. This may or may not be for altruistic motives.

The idea that there are angel donators out there that would pay club fee tuition for a player seems far fetched and cannot be accurate. Would love to know the name of one such donator. If a club wants to discount or full-ride a tuition, that is certainly one thing (and most certainly not altruistic in any way). Can we stop the narrative that there is altruism in Club lacrosse?

I know the better players on club teams do not pay the full price (or nothing at all). I never heard of a "donor" paying for another player based on the "love of the sport". I am sure it can happen but lacrosse is going down the same road that club soccer has done....if you can't pay to play on a club team, you don't have the resources to get as good as the kids who can. It is really that simple and that is why REC and High school lax is more important.