Originally Posted by Anonymous
So did the Mesa 27 team break up as predicted here? Seems fool that strong teams like Mesa 27 and NXT 29 are losing kids.

Make no mistake, they have a team. Its just a different team. It always come down to the same thing. Every parent thinks their kid is "the man". When the team isn't soley focused on "the man", feelings get hurt. Other teams promise the world, and they flip.

What I don't understand about the Mesa 27 team, is they were a great team. Every parent thinking their kid is "the man" would explain a couple of departures. I think they lost the vast majority of their strongest players. With some moving to clubs where they will be competing even harder to be the man. Some other teams had minimal changes. Why would they not have the same issues with parents thinking their kid is "the man." I am not saying Mesa is not a great club; I think it is. However, there had to be something seriously wrong to cause the magnitude of change in that particular team this year.

If you were on the Mesa 27 team or closely associated then you know exactly what happened. No players were “stolen”. Look back at all of the good club teams entering high school every year and you’ll see teams breaking up and coming together somewhere else. It almost never has anything to do with the clubs but rather the parents that organize these situations.
Keep an eye on Freedom 28 and Dukes 28 teams. The top 2 teams in the area at that age group. Lots of reclasses have hit both teams and parents will be upset. Freedom is coached by all dads I think and that’s never good. I’d be shocked if you don’t see big changes with those clubs going into high school.

I am not on the Mesa 27 team or closely associated with it. I would like to know what happened. Please divulge.

^^^^how about you back to your life^^^