Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
oh please the “star” players, or player on YJ Wiener is old news. Nothing a solid defender couldn’t stop

My daughter has played against the “star” player several times as there paths crossed during school and club ball. She is a special kid, and is very talented. My daughter is on YJ O’Sullivan and we got the chance to watch YJ Wiener play Team 180. It was such a well played game by both teams but the stars of YJ Wiener rly shined.

That star is also such a great kid and teammate. Works hard always, never complains. I’d agree with O’Sullivan parent. The two functional YJ teams are in fact Weiner and O’Sullivan. Say what you may about too many chefs on Weiner but they’re happy. The girls ALL have played equal this summer which you may notice has led to some changes in scores. O’Sullivan also playing all his girls and they are happy. It’s also honorable of him to have stayed with that team when his daughter was moved up.

Now Kildare and Ramos are a different story. Ramos playing girls equally, which I applaud, but those coaches seem to have given up. They are silent. Don’t give girls feedback. No longer teach. They seem worn down and over it. Kildare as you saw from other posts has lost numerous players over the year, brought new kids in with promises they’d be a star and are now the star of the bench which is horrible to do to children summer of soph year or junior year.

Come junior year opposite should happen: commits sit more, uncommitted get some extra reps, and you will see those top few teams lose more as they do this. Good clubs and coaches recognize that once you hit a particular age your reputation for wins and losses doesn’t matter. Ask any college coach they don’t care if you lost or won as long as games are competitive and they can get a read on your kids talent.