Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes four teams were selected this year, 85 percent of the kids who tried out made it this year, was told it was to make the three day weekend worth the money. More games will be played than usual, not sure if the other regions selected four teams as well. i can only speak for Long Island.
But if you are not on the top(Black) team it might make you look bad.

Why? Ok sure if on 2nd team you were evaluated as a top 6 mid / attack / D or top 2 goalie. The horror
3rd best goalie on LI should prolly quit. It’s over. Also by the perfect metrics your 3rd not 2nd or a Middie who rated as 8 not say 4-6? Obviously if on 2nd team kid isn’t a top 10 player but separation between say the 11-50 kids are pretty close I’ve noticed over the years.
If the 2nd team was at other fields playing other “2nd” teams than sure not great. Last year the 23 and 24 Red played all other regions top team. If your team is weak it may be a poor experience but if they aren’t kid will be getting great exposure to coaches. There were tons there last year. I read here if it ain’t top 25 school than failure. Not sure how 22 team did but 23 Black LI had many top picks and 23 Red had it looks like 12 of 17 kids do very well. Unless website is wrong it looks like
Brown
Penn
Stony Brook x 2
Lafayette
Hi Point
ECU
Pace
SHU
UMass
Marist
Cortland
Florida Southern
I bet I missed 1 or 2 but that’s not to bad.

Black team was better
Virginia x 2 Stanford x 2
Norte Dane Yale
Stony Brook. X 3 JMU
Albany. Quinnipiac
Kent State Binghamton x 2
Navy. Delaware
UNC. Florida x 3
Hofstra Duke
Villanova