Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok. 1st wave of commits in this grade has started in earnest. Does it feel (is it for real) even faster than the 2019s? What is the best combination of super high academics and at least a shot at a final four type D1 team? the short list that pops into my mind includes Duke, Northwestern, ND? Any others. And I know, I will be told my kid can't go to any of them. But I can dream, right?

Don't listen to anyone who tell you that your daughter can't go to any of them.

Personally, I would encourage my daughter to make academics the top priority but to each her own.

If your daughter is a great lacrosse player with great grades she will be able to choose whatever school she wants.

If she is a good lacrosse player with great grades she will also have options at the highest academic schools.

If she is a great lacrosse player with decent grades she will have some incredible options but might not be able to select one of the top academic schools.

Princeton, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame are the top academic schools which have the best chance at getting to the Final Four.

Obviously, Harvard, Yale, Columbia are all Top 10 academic universities.

Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Cal Berkely are considered top 20 universities by US News and all have competitive lacrosse programs.

Southern Cal, Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, Boston College, William & Mary all come in ranked 32 or lower for National Universities.

Pretty incredible list of schools to choose from. Yes, I know there are a lot of other really great schools and there is a fit for everyone.