Just gone done watching the tapes of the Jake Reed Rising Freshman. The best players were very physical athletes and yes I am sure more than a few were held back. A few good stick skill guys were able to succeed but the run of the middle solid kid who finished 8th grade was simply not able to compete. I think what you will see is kids start to fan out into the two distinct groups a bit earlier than in previous year, that is one on a D-1 track and others on a D-3 track. The good news about this, is the parents won't be less held hostage by college camps and clubs. My advice is get an independent third party to give you a realistic evaluation of your son. After this event it became clear to me that my son will likely be better served going down a track that focuses on the NESCAC schools. He simply is not going to have the size or speed to play at the D-1 level and his stick skills while good are not great. Not everyone can play for Duke and schools like Middlebury etc are very attractive institutions.