Big Time Shootout: Entering 9A
Group 1: I pick NE Storm or Bulldog to come out on top. If Team LI is really U13, they will have a tough time against older boys. CPLax is a new team and does not have a lot of depth. Prime Time (think John Jay) can be good but I am going with the private school boys from NE Storm. This is a new team this year and they haven’t played together ever, but don’t think anyone else in this group has either. Bulldog is also a strong CT club. Don't know Team Turnpike.
Group 2 seems to have the stronger teams. Team Superstar wasn't good last year - don't expect them to be any better this year. Played Wolverines in OBYLL, they won't last. Don't know 3 Tribes but prior discussion would have me believe they won't be a factor. That leaves TB, Bolts and Patriots. I believe these are the strongest teams in this age group. Bolts lost to (an older?) Patriots team in a close game at this same tournament last year. This is the Bolts first tourney and they haven’t played together this spring. However the team that returns is the same as last year and they won several tournaments last summer and were beating older aged teams by the end of the summer. On the other hand, TB has been playing together all spring and based upon earlier discussion has been doing well. I’ve never seen TB play. I believe Patriots won this age group last year and went on to win a bunch of other tournaments last summer. If the same team returns they will be a factor. I’ll pick Patriots vs NE Storm in the final with Patriots winning it. Either way, it will be a great day of lacrosse. Good luck to all teams. (I’m not involved in any of these teams but would like to see the Bolts win it. Please post some scores!)
PS. Lets stop talking about the Terps/Terps Black. Its getting old!