Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anybody notice the Turtles are the only 2017 team entered into the JV division for the NYLA showcase at Farmingdale this weekend? They seem WAY ahead of everbody else in this grade on the recruiting process. I predict a Turtle (not to be confused with Terp or Terp Black) will verbally commit this summer.

Thats great for you Turtle guys, awesome! But, they aren't the ONLY team in 2017 age doing a team recruiting event this Summer (theres one other). Before you say things like that here please be prepared before you spew incorrect info. Hint, its an EXPRESS TEAM.

Wow, too much coffee this morning? The poster was simply pointing out that the Turtles are the only 2017 team registered in the NYLA showcase this weekend. However on this point he was incorrect. True Blue has their A team in the NYLA showcase. The NYLA showcase is historically a very good recruiting event. If you go on their website and look at the list of college coaches attending you will understand why. At no point in the post did he say that other teams were not doing recruiting tournaments. The poster was correct in stating that the Turtles are probably way ahead of the curve as far as getting early college looks. I dont think it is a stretch to say that one of the boys on that team will be the first to verbally commit to a D1 school. So Mr. Terps Black it is duly noted that your team is going to a recruiting event this summer. Best of Luck to you and your son........

Thanks but I enjoy tea, not coffee. I agree that one of the Turtle players will be the 1st 2017 commit on LI and I wasn't aware that Trueblue has there team in the NYLA event thats great for those guys also. Best of luck to you and your son also.....

Earl Grey? Just busting chops........Somehow I have a feeling the Turtles will do very well this weekend.....