Originally Posted by Anonymous
YES - DK got schooled by the Master CR !!

Neither 2018 blue or red had a good weekend. Red barely had enough girls to field a team and blue got schooled by YJ. DK isn't stupid. He knows he needs help with that age group.

Elevate 2018 Red had 7 girls this weekend and played 7v7 and the 2017 Red team (2017/18) combined team had 9 girls this weekend. I know one club was really mad that they couldn't play their full team and girls had to sit since Elevate couldn't field a full team. Its not only not fair to the Elevate girls but it is also not fair to the teams that they play against. These are recruiting tournaments and the kids want playing time. When you show up with 7 kids, it impacts everyone involved.

That's ridiculous and totally on the parents. They should have said, no thank you. I'll spend that money somewhere else instead of the gas, tolls, food and hotels. Just for a club to think that was okay to do is beyond comprehension.

I think you are blaming the wrong people here. Elevate is the one "portraying" to the parents that they have a full 2nd team in the 2018 age group. The parents have yet to see a roster. Elevate has al of the 2018s (red and blue teams) practice together that way nobody knows who is on what team. The red team probably has 10 girls, at best, and no goalie. Both teams are scheduled to go to Florida, there is no way they can field a 2nd 2018 team in that tournament. I think if they can make it through the fall, they will try desperately to pick up some more girls for the summer and hopefully get a full 2nd 2018 team. The same situation exists with their 2nd 2017 team. Of course the club this its ok, after all, its all about the kid$$$$$$$$$$!

If my kid was one of the ten kids on the second team I would start calling other clubs to secure her a spot. This is her recruiting year.