Originally Posted by Anonymous
Elevate tryouts on Saturday parents were told no white team which was great-but on Sunday suddenly there is a "combo 17/18" team?? Basically that means nobody will be cut from tryouts and anyone who played on Elevate white last year will have a roster spot.

So they should not take care of players that have been part of the program and just cut them? Or should they try to make sure their is an opportunity for them?

Any player on a 3rd or 4th team ( or combo etc) needs to be realistic about talent. Some girls have been on the third team in more than one club. And while it's sweet that the girl enjoys the sport the parent needs to stop the bitter blaming. There is a club for any girl that wants to play, and playing keeps them busy.

I am definitely not a fan of combo teams, especially a 2017/2018 combo where those are the next two years for college recruiting (except for the D1 studettes who were already recruited) but I'm sure it's hard to leave money on the table and it they don't take them, someone else will. I am not familiar with TE but if you read their material, it does seem they try to get girls who want to play in college the opportunity.

Club Lacrosse is a mighty expensive sport to play for someone who enjoys the sport and is not looking to play down the line but then again and as with most sports, you can play school and travel, and travel is not cheap.