Originally Posted by Anonymous
At that size your son is most likely an attackman with exceptional quickness, stick skills and lacrosse IQ. It's pretty simple, in order for your son to get recruited to a top school he needs to bring various attributes to the table. For defenseman, size is typically more important. For example, look at UVA. They like to bring in long rangy defenseman. Does that mean your son cannot be a defenseman if he's under 6' no. Gavin Adler is under 6' and he's a phenomenal defenseman. Gavin Adler is also exceptionally strong, great footwork, great at playing angles, great on groundballs, exceptional leadership skills, etc. He is not the typical defenseman. He is an outlier. Most of your sons are not outliers. If your son is an outlier, good for you. If your son is on the smaller size, regardless of position, he typically needs exceptional strength, quickness, stick skills and lacrosse IQ in order to get recruited to big time schools. This is a contact sport. Speed kills and size is a bonus

He does play Attack and I agree with the rest of your post, spot on.

I think we can safely say there are not many top school lacrosse commit opportunities left. The top lax schools are nearly done or being highly selective, or going transfer portal shopping I would assume. But plenty of d1 opportunities left and D2 and D3 is now starting.

Right. Plenty of opportunities still out there. Roster spots at least. I don't know how much money is left even at mid-low D1.

True, and funding is different with the lower schools. A lot of schools are not fully funded