Originally Posted by Anonymous
College programs with championships Cuse 11, Hop 9, UVA 7, PU 6, UNC 5, UMD 4, CU 3, Duke 3, Denver 1, Yale 1, ND 1

Talkin about now. Where would be the best combination of school and lax today. Respect Syracuse history but I wouldn’t be choosing them today over the other schools. Good school but not as good as the ones above it academically. Cowboys have won the most NFC super bowls but nobody ain’t crowning them as the best for decades.

You suffer from recency bias. And that is totally normal from a psychological basis, particularly before your first or only has played college ball. Before our first played college, thought in a naive sense like you are. Making rushed judgements, going off recent scores or the prior season, it is just human nature. Everyone is a rookie once right so do not feel badly here. Everyone needs a coach and happy to be that for you. My fellow JETS fans can really understand what is being said right, it helps having a CHIEFS friend if you get the analogy. When you get a greater sense of college dynamics, how it is played, whether a coaching staff is any good, you start to look at the bigger picture better. In a way, you will be able to see the forest through the trees.

Of course I suffer from recency bias. This is where I want my kid to go “now”. For academics + lax? I would choose duke, yale and ND any day and 10 times over as opposed to Syracuse (I’ll admit Hopkins wouldn’t be a bad landing place). heck yeah I have recency bias. That’s the whole point of the post. Who has the best combination of academics + lax and where do I want to send my kid TODAY, not “all time”. You act like recency bias is a bad thing in this case. I’m going to go out on a limb snd say duke, yale and ND coaching are “pretty good”

And to continue your football analogy and we look at “ownership” as the “academic” component and football performance as the “lax” component , still no one is picking the jets because they are bad at both. But I would definitely choose the chiefs because their “recent” success as well as their standout ownership makes my recency bias picking them as the team to play for now not the patients or cowboys or Steelers who have the most titles (though those miners are looking darn good)

And to be honest, if we are picking “all time” I still wouldn’t put Syracuse at the top. Their academics, albeit very good, are not as good as the schools at the top. With your recency bias argument you are completely leaving out the academic component. If you go back and look at the original post the rankings also take into account academics. If I’m not mistaken, yale, ND and duke were all pretty good academically recently and in the past.

Just not sure what you are trying to state but I welcome the conversation.

This is the 2025 forum. Might want to reach out to some realistic programs because you would already know by now if your player was headed to these schools.

Yes many of these schools have many 2025s already. But even Shay says they always leave 1-2 slots all the way through the summer.

Nonetheless I wasn’t referring to 25s still making a decision; I was bringing up a hypothetical ranking of the top 20 dual threat schools, academics and good lax. This was brought up in the context of what would be the preferred order of choosing schools and for me it was

-d1 top 20
-d3 top 15ish
-top MCLA schools (GaTech, Stanford, BC etc)
-mid-high d1

Would also strongly consider a top D2. They give athletic scholarships unlike D3.