Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's really not a bad investment when you consider how competitive it's become to get into college. Kids with 4 gpas and 1400 SATs are being waitlisted or deferred at all those schools listed above. ACC, Big 10, Ivy, half of the Big 10 and the top 2 of the Big East have become a reach for all but the best students.

I would still say it’s not a prudent investment, somewhat akin to playing the lottery. Take all the high school club lax players, the amount getting into those top schools is extremely low so while it works for a chosen few, the majority don’t get into those schools. Looking at the list of those schools, I would say 13 of those, lax would be needed to get in. With 10-15 spots per college per year that’s only 130-185 spots. Finally yale into account, those schools you still need really darn good grades to get in (they ain’t taking 1200 SATs and 3.0) I would say that some of those players may get in regardless of lax. Take that number and divide by high school club lax and the percentages are still pretty low. They just seem a lot higher because social media only posts these commits.

But anyone who plays lax for the investment reason, I have a few stocks I would like to sell you. I am hoping the Marjority of us do it for the love of the game, to build better character and learn about life. But I have a feeling sports in general is getting away from that