Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we chime in and talk, in as decebt a way as possible, about NHSLS. What is it? Who goes? What does it cost, etc? Really just trying to understand beyond what I hear from coaches and parents of kids who never played in it. TIA.
Showcase event for high school teams. JV and V division. Two of my boys have participated. College coaches in attendance. It’s been a great event the past four years that my kids have done it. As for cost, I honestly can’t remember, maybe $295?

What ages were your kids when they played? If it’s a showcase, is there any benefit to a freshman playing?
My oldest played soph and junior year. My youngest has played fresh and soph year so far. There is no benefit to freshman playing other than getting time with teammates and getting time on the field. Very very few coaches watching the JV games.

Umm, am I missing something? Since you're playing as your HS team, wouldn't the ultimate benefit for a freshman be to get exposure with their new coaching staff and compete with new teammates against other HS competition? What more would you want at this point?