Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know this is a MIAA heavy message board but how good is St. John’s? They just dismantled Gonzaga. Gonzaga has had comfortable wins over McDonogh and Blakefield this season. And a win over Culver.

SJC is great, maybe the best team in the country. That being said, Gonzaga was missing their best player, who was by a large margin their leading scorer. An analogy would be Spalding losing Weischier or MCD Millen.

Sir they got blown out by double digits and were never close in this game. 1 player isn’t making a 10+ goal difference. They were outmatched at every position.

SJC would have beat them handily even with the Zag's best player at full strength. My point was the margin would have been significantly lower. More settled possessions equals less opportunities to score. I do believe SJC would be susceptible to a close game (maybe even a loss) if they had to play a full MIAA A Conference schedule. There's no question they're the best team in the region and probably the country. That being said, its tough to go undefeated in a tough and relatively balanced league, where you can have 3-4 quality opponents in a row after a harrowing out of conference schedule. Like the SEC in collegiate football, its justdifferent. That being said the MIAA is having a down year relative to other years.

St. John’s wouldn’t have an issue with any MIAA team. Team controls every facet of the game. If they were in the league their opponents would have a similarly tough schedule as you say. Best teams right now look like BL and STM. Already beat BL and based on yesterdays CH score they wouldn’t have an issue scoring on STM and winning.