Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who knows all the relevant information?

For each team
- How many players remain from the previous season?
- How many players left their team on their own?
- How many players were cut?
- How many players were added and from which team?
- How many total players?

Has the interest in the well-being of the girls been completely compromised as a result of the severe actions taken by clubs and parents? Do the numbers add up or have we sadly lost girls completely? They are 12-year-old girls, right?

There is a reason kids, especially girls, quit sports before HS now. It’s not them… it’s their parents and people you see on here who cause them to lose the love of the game. Sadly, to your point, people forget they are still kids! I’ve been on this forum for years with my older kids. It used to be a place where people came to discuss the game and development. It’s turned so toxic. It’s really sad! I feel for these kids.

Couldn't agree more... go back through the other age groups and you will see there is some nasty stuff but a lot of this, across many of the age groups, is Coppermine trying to assert dominance in forums instead of on the field. With that said I am a big fan of their program. I think their model is great for kids. So to me, they have a great up and coming program but it seems they just can't help themselves. I am not talking about kids here either. I am strictly speaking of the animonsity that you see on the forums from adults. I say this because the kids don't even know about this and actually enjoy playing each other and get along. They say hi, they know each others names and genuinely enjoy each other. It really is a shame.

I also want to say, Coppermine is a solid club and I do believe they have a place at the top of the club scene and will continue to grow. With that said there is a reputation building based on these forums and some of these parents don't realize what it actually does to their team.