Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We need less club teams... when 6th grade has 16 A teams and 20+ B teams, the pool is diluted. Unfortunately, money talks and everyone now thinks they are club level.

As a parent with much older children I actually agree that there’s too many club teams around Baltimore. And it’s destroyed All rec programs. Many girls in the B brackets would benefit from playing rec. but things have changed

My question is …. Would you be ok if your child wasn’t picked for the club team ? If there was only three really strong team in the Baltimore area would you be ok with your daughter not being picked ? Just look
How people carry on about under armour, American select, etc.. imagine if you couldn’t get yourself in to a club team anywhere. It would [Censored]. That’s why more club teams keep popping up. These girls want to play

You could go back to the old days where you have a conversation with your kid about working harder, trying out again next year, sign them up for rec, grab some ice cream and continue on being a CHILD. The sad reality is, parents can't accept it and clubs profit off the FOMO.[/quote]

i can tell by your response that your child is on the team she wants to be on. Suppose someone works really hard and still doesn't make a team - then what ? I don't disagree with you about working hard and trying next year but girls want to play. And they want to play against the best competition. If the top girls play club everyone wants to. Theat's my point. Therein lies the problem.