Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, I think the changing of tournament participation is a kind of natural phenomenon and has to do with the life cycle of the tournament scene as new tournaments rise and old ones fall. Also, I think there are a lot of trade offs and "political" motivations behind which tournaments organizations choose to participate in.

Finally, the quality and number of teams going to the National Draw has been slipping the past few years and it looks like it got to a tipping point of sorts as far as M&D is concerned.

Also look at the list of college coaches attending, this tournament has certainly slipped heavily on that front too! Too big and competition too watered down.
I would rather lose to M&D every week than drive to NJ and play so many weak teams. 2021 YJ Blue won 13-3, 13-0, 13-0, 6-0, 5-1, the last two being twenty minute playoff games. Our growing rivalry with M&D has so far been so much more competitive for all girls involved. Both teams are also developing a growing respect for each other, as are the parents. I wish we could align ourselves to play them at every tournament. Since we are getting older we have noticed the Maryland tournaments are run so much better and competition is so much stronger. It will only make our girls better. Hoping to see them at the Prime time summer slam at Goucher college.

Has the 2021 YJ Team beaten 2021 M&D Black this year?

Nope ! .... Hard to figure out what all the talk is about ,there's M&D and then there's everyone else.

why yes, yesterday. Another fantastic game between two great teams. Cannot say enough good things about 2021 M&D team and parents, has been a great experience this summer.