Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the rules clarification! I would love a link to that section if you have it!

Good luck next weekend...unfortunately only 20 min games next week...kinda goofy, but less time to be stressed out!

Best I can do is uslacrosse.org, rules, girls rules, high school girls lacrosse, 2015 rule book pdf, starts on page 75 for changes to high school rules for youth games and page 81 under Definition of terms you can read what is crystal clear to me and should be to any ref that calls that type of infraction in a spot like that. Better know how to administer it properly.

Seriously?? The refs also could have called any number of pushes or high checks as the girl ran down the field which aren't indirect fouls or could have given her a free position. It was a great game. It's a shame that a YJ parent had to stand up and yell across the field to no forget to thank the refs. Always a good lesson to teach kids. You didn't lose, you got screwed by the refs.

Both games were exciting well played games by girls that I am amazed are only in 6th grade. The skill that these two teams have is unbelievable for their age and there will be many more great games between them. I am sure each team will win their share.

Those are judgement calls, this is not, it is a critically important rule when playing modified checking, the penalty for a minor foul is loss of possession. Since the defense cannot check above the shoulder and get the ball back, the rule is modified to mandate a pass.

Let's be clear, no one from YJ ran on here to complain, it was an M&D parent that felt compelled to tell us we do not know the rules. Read back a few posts, you will see it. I simply pointed them to the rules that dictated that play and why it should not have been a goal. No one came on here calling for a change to the result or crying about the refs judgement calls, just pointing out the correct rule.