Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the rules clarification! I would love a link to that section if you have it!

Good luck next weekend...unfortunately only 20 min games next week...kinda goofy, but less time to be stressed out!

Best I can do is uslacrosse.org, rules, girls rules, high school girls lacrosse, 2015 rule book pdf, starts on page 75 for changes to high school rules for youth games and page 81 under Definition of terms you can read what is crystal clear to me and should be to any ref that calls that type of infraction in a spot like that. Better know how to administer it properly.

There is nowhere in the rules that says that a draw violation is an indirect free position. There are only 2 indirect free positions specified in the high school and youth rules. One is for minor fouls inside the 12mm. The other is if you are playing the 4 goal rule, the trailing team gets an indirect free position unless waived by the coach.

This really just sounds like a bunch of sour grapes from the YJ parents. A girl took the ball from the center X and was able to go through your whole defense and score a goal. That in no way meets the intent of the indirect free position rule. Play better defense.