Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,327
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo/legacy merger?

Legacy Rush and Igloo merged where does that leave the kids that made A, not top team, besides pissed off?

So according to this forum Legacy has merged with Igloo and Rush in separate posts. What is the actual story here?

Legacy and Rush merged for the 28 year. Word is though that one select team is still all Legacy kids and the other is all Rush kids. Don't really understand that.
Legacy and Igloo did not merge

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s talk about the express north zone defense. Genius and amazing coaching? They took down Venom and Red Hots. Or huge disservice to the players and they will not get better? Which side are you on?

I watched the game against Red Hots. Express goalie was the main reason they won. He was making unreal saves, especially in the 4th quarter. (And no, not the goalie’s dad posting here.)

They would have lost playing man to man because Hots would have had even more chances. Zone helps them win. But I hope their poles are practicing man to man in their free time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yo, don't talk about Surge!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge is going to be awesome next year. Igloo Frost team mom got recruited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo/legacy merger?

Legacy Rush and Igloo merged where does that leave the kids that made A, not top team, besides pissed off?

So according to this forum Legacy has merged with Igloo and Rush in separate posts. What is the actual story here?

Legacy and Rush merged for the 28 year. Word is though that one select team is still all Legacy kids and the other is all Rush kids. Don't really understand that.
Legacy and Igloo did not merge

Not true at all about the breakdown. And yes, igloo and legacy did not merge.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly someone needs to be talking about this team. I bought my son to the tryout and inquired why there were so few blue 91 helmets. I was told by a parent on Venom that Surge is the Hills PAL team and they don’t have to try out. No thank you! PAL talent for that cost!?? I’ll pass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who thinks that a Legacy team that averaged less than 5 goals a game all season is going to suddenly challenge Venom and Chucks is insane. They're bringing over Rush kids, who last I checked were a A/B team. Then they're bringing over Igloo, who have a few good players. But there's no way the Legacy coaches are all of a sudden going to change relying on the same couple of kids, who haven't performed, no matter who joins their squad. The players are decent, not great, they've had 4 coaches in the past 6 years. The new guy isn't getting it done. When they stop listening to the attackman's dad and start playing the kids who deserve to play, then, MAYBE, they'll start to improve.

Yes decent players at best. Nobody on the team is really top 10 on the island in any position. Probably not even top 20 actually. I doubt that one single player on that team could make chucks or venom. If they were to actually make those teams, they certainly would never start or get meaningful minutes. They couldn’t beat a middle school team.

Ridiculous take. Major talent on that team, chucks could use at least 3-4 offensive players from that team. Your disgust for these kids seems personal and it’s making you sound st#p/d

It was sarcasm. Sorry you didn’t catch it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who didn’t make the great legrush team? Any notable players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly someone needs to be talking about this team. I bought my son to the tryout and inquired why there were so few blue 91 helmets. I was told by a parent on Venom that Surge is the Hills PAL team and they don’t have to try out. No thank you! PAL talent for that cost!?? I’ll pass.

Surge was the 5th best team on the island so I think they're a little better than a PAL team. P.S, there is only 4 hills kids on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge has a few Hills kids, not many. It’s not any different than any other team. Venom has more kids from Massapequa than Surge has Hills. Nothing wrong with that. Surge has a strong group of players and they will compete with Northman, S2S, Orange, LegRush. They only lost to Chucks by a goal. They also have one of the best coaches on the island. He is one of the few who cares and makes every attempt to make your kid better. So be careful what you say, Surge will make you pay.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge was the 5th best team on the island so I think they're a little better than a PAL team. P.S, there is only 4 hills kids on the team

Maybe I was misinformed! Venom dad said half the roster and coach is the Hills HS coach. It’s his own farm.My younger son plays against his younger team so with my own eyes I’ve seen him melting down on the sidelines and telling kids they @ChillLaxin and they are good team. I didn’t say they were a PAL team that’s how your AA team parent referred to the team, he said any real talent would not stay long. My son is on the verge of being a strong AA player but after hearing Venom dad and others co-sign it felt like a buyer beware situation. Good luck with 5th on the island sounds like you guys could climb those rankings with more developed players and a coaching change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge has a few Hills kids, not many. It’s not any different than any other team. Venom has more kids from Massapequa than Surge has Hills. Nothing wrong with that. Surge has a strong group of players and they will compete with Northman, S2S, Orange, LegRush. They only lost to Chucks by a goal. They also have one of the best coaches on the island. He is one of the few who cares and makes every attempt to make your kid better. So be careful what you say, Surge will make you pay.

I have nothing but respect for surge honestly. But they did lose some good players this week. Just saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Surge has a few Hills kids, not many. It’s not any different than any other team. Venom has more kids from Massapequa than Surge has Hills. Nothing wrong with that. Surge has a strong group of players and they will compete with Northman, S2S, Orange, LegRush. They only lost to Chucks by a goal. They also have one of the best coaches on the island. He is one of the few who cares and makes every attempt to make your kid better. So be careful what you say, Surge will make you pay.[/

If you didn’t win.You lost! Sounds like a Surge parent who’s drinking the 91 kool aid. Rise and shine it’s the B team! Your coach is also well known and it ain’t for developing players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When people take shots at coaches it is clear they have no idea what they are talking about. Unless your son has been coached by that person, please dont make a comment. The Hills coach is excellent, and has developed some of the top players in the country. No your stuff before you blast someone on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge lost some talent, but sometimes that talent can be more of a problem. In this case the players and parents thought they were better than the team. And when that is the case, it is time to move on. If those players were so good, why did they land on Shore and Express Orange? Maybe they aren’t as a good as they think? Time to look in the mirror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When people take shots at coaches it is clear they have no idea what they are talking about. Unless your son has been coached by that person, please dont make a comment. The Hills coach is excellent, and has developed some of the top players in the country. No your stuff before you blast someone on here.

You don’t need your kid coached by him to have eyeballs and determine nasty behavior. And those top kids probably have a story or 2 to tell as well. If you’re defending that hope you’ve started saving for therapy! Yelling,”You $u!&!” Isn’t actually developmental.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surge lost some talent, but sometimes that talent can be more of a problem. In this case the players and parents thought they were better than the team. And when that is the case, it is time to move on. If those players were so good, why did they land on Shore and Express Orange? Maybe they aren’t as a good as they think? Time to look in the mirror.

I am an Express parent and I met the right attack parents that came over from Surge at tryouts. They said nothing but nice things about the coaches,kids and parents so doesn’t seem like they thought they were better. You are allowed to want more for your kid, isn’t that parenting?Their kid made Chucks Black not Orange and from what I saw deserved to,he’s good. Also heard the LSM went to Venom. So looks to me like Surge is developing good talent and the kids are simply moving on. That’s a compliment to Surge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am an Express parent and I met the right attack parents that came over from Surge at tryouts. They said nothing but nice things about the coaches,kids and parents so doesn’t seem like they thought they were better. You are allowed to want more for your kid, isn’t that parenting?Their kid made Chucks Black not Orange and from what I saw deserved to,he’s good. Also heard the LSM went to Venom. So looks to me like Surge is developing good talent and the kids are simply moving on. That’s a compliment to Surge.

Well said! How about we respectfully move on from Surge?

They’ll be fine! Good core of players and kids will continue to grow physically and get better.

Any updates on LegRush? S2S new roster? Heard Venom has 8/9 poles now? Also hearing express upgraded offensively after losing 2 good players and moved some pieces around with E North as well. Seems like upfraded/Venom will hold 1 & 2 spots on the island still.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’ll be fine! Good core of players and kids will continue to grow physically and get better.

Any updates on LegRush? S2S new roster? Heard Venom has 8/9 poles now? Also hearing express upgraded offensively after losing 2 good players and moved some pieces around with E North as well. Seems like upfraded/Venom will hold 1 & 2 spots on the island still.

Express upgraded offensively??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling it early
Venom
Leg rush
Chucks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom pole went to ece, venom attack/mid went to legrush, venom pole undecided

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a real unhealthy obsession with certain teams, particularly surge. They are a good team for a second team. A very good second team actually. And I know nothing about the coaches but they constantly put them in tough tournaments. That’s great for development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did chucks goalie go? Let go by venom, let go by chucks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How so? Have you seen the number of commits. Wins and losses don’t matter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom pole went to ece, venom attack/mid went to legrush, venom pole undecided

Also one venom pole went to surge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge parent here. Definitely NOT the case, and honestly very sad to hear that the venom parents would say this. We should be one club supporting each other. My son is not from hills and most of the team is definitely not from hills. The boys who are from hills deserve to be there and yes, like MANY OTHER TEAMS on LI who have a HS coach also coaching club teams (or daddy ball where a friend gets to play more than they maybe deserve), they like to stick with the coach who will also coach them at the HS level where it truly matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surge parent here. Definitely NOT the case, and honestly very sad to hear that the venom parents would say this. We should be one club supporting each other. My son is not from hills and most of the team is definitely not from hills. The boys who are from hills deserve to be there and yes, like MANY OTHER TEAMS on LI who have a HS coach also coaching club teams (or daddy ball where a friend gets to play more than they maybe deserve), they like to stick with the coach who will also coach them at the HS level where it truly matters.

Surge dad- no venom parent said this. We are a program and move kids back and forth as deserved. Coaching is not matched. And more important we have team atmospheres that many other clubs lack. Don’t by into the bs on here. You’ve seen our boys in both directions cheering for the other team at tourneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did chucks goalie go? Let go by venom, let go by chucks
S2S

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m a reclass FLY IN parent. Yup they did.

A lot of @ChillLaxin talking in this group. Have your kid get better so you don’t have to keyboard cowboy about children. Cause ultimately that’s what we are talking about. Babies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC needs a like button. Hop off Surge. Good team, great people and can’t wait to see how they continue to thrive over the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of @ChillLaxin talking in this group. Have your kid get better so you don’t have to keyboard cowboy about children. Cause ultimately that’s what we are talking about. Babies.

“I’m a reclass parent” and “have your kid get better” is your advice? You just won the award for the most idiotic hypocritical post on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“I’m a reclass parent” and “have your kid get better” is your advice? You just won the award for the most idiotic hypocritical post on BOTC.

Also, can’t call your son a baby when he can drive to school in 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s a lot of upset parents of kids that didn’t make the top legrush team. And definitely not worth the 5k they’re asking for to be on the second team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s a lot of upset parents of kids that didn’t make the top legrush team. And definitely not worth the 5k they’re asking for to be on the second team

What B team is your son on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LegRush. When merging two teams the coaches are put in difficult positions. Politics play a big role. Players who didn’t make the top team should look to supplemental tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the worst mergers in lacrosse club history. Biggest money grab ever. Basically, let’s pay rush to have access to their best players and then take all those players tryout fees. Now let’s charge them 5k for the @ChillLaxin show. Legacy making out. Rush looks like a bunch of chumps. Younger ages better watch out. When we couldn’t compete, the coaches just sell us to a neighboring club. Not a good look!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the worst mergers in lacrosse club history. Biggest money grab ever. Basically, let’s pay rush to have access to their best players and then take all those players tryout fees. Now let’s charge them 5k for the @ChillLaxin show. Legacy making out. Rush looks like a bunch of chumps. Younger ages better watch out. When we couldn’t compete, the coaches just sell us to a neighboring club. Not a good look!

AA team making out like bandits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Feel bad for the kids and parents that stay. Sorry we are taking the top players from your team and now we will charge you more for a lesser product than you were accustomed to. Definitely a lesson for the younger grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which teams made most improvements?
Express added a few (reclass/out of state smh)
Venom grabbed Express attackman-strong player
Legacy? Disaster
S2S picked up express 2nd goalie, solid pole and a pretty good Middie
BTB picked up legacy pole

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which teams made most improvements?
Express added a few (reclass/out of state smh)
Venom grabbed Express attackman-strong player
Legacy? Disaster
S2S picked up express 2nd goalie, solid pole and a pretty good Middie
BTB picked up legacy pole

Where is s2s solid pole and pretty good Middie from

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 39 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 38 39
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification