Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 94 of 95 1 2 92 93 94 95
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The next 4 or 5 years for HHH/BM will tell the tale of how great this club is. Literally zero pipeline into the high school program for 2026-2029. Can BM get it done for the kids that jump to him for high school? My guess is that BM can get it done if your kid has talent.
Probably would be easier than if he didn’t have to start from zero as these kids enter high school, but the NLF is the ace up the sleeve.

Of course, Dynasties do eventually end. Real talk. It feels like BM is very focused on the Birddogs for a very good reason. Is he going to keep this thing going once the birddogs get recruited? If you are a ‘32 or younger I’d be probably very cautious as all the focus is certainly going to the birddogs (it is the only team with its own qualifying name if you need any addition evidence).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’d rather your son play for the Duke’s? Daddyball at every middle school age, HS teams are gross. Notice zero Lasalle kids play with them? Theres a reason…
Team Ten has 2 good years, rest not good. Freedom has one good year, Mesa? Yuk, BL is good w Salesianum kids only…so, again, where you going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not saying BM is a daddyball coach. Just that he has a very vested interest in the success of one particular team in the club. I’m not sure he will be devoting the resources required to ensure all his teams are top level clubs at the NLF year in and year out.

Maybe he will. It is just very clear that the Birddogs are different within the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HHH is the apex. Just wait for the 2026 commits to start rolling in. All top tier d1 programs just like last year. It’s like clockwork.
BM has the connections to get his kids commited.

The numbers will speak for themselves. If HHH lands more top commits for his 2026's then TT does for theirs then BM will be drastically superior to JB. TT has far more talent then HHH does and should out perform. If they don't, there is only one conclusion.

TT entire starting line up and many of the back ups will go high end D1. TT already had one 2026 attackman commit to Maryland and according to IL a different attackman on TT is ranked higher. There is no comparison between TT and HHH at the 2026 level. Stop it already

Not taking a position one way or the other. TT should land the most high D1 slots. If HHH does better, it won't be their players it will be their program. I don't expect it to happen, but it will be interesting if it does.
Whole starting line up? You are one of the problems with the program. HHH > ND. And ranked below 50.

Don't take my word for it. Even the guys at IL know that TT is absolutely stacked at the 2026 class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pZUWburr3M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, so slight down year for HHH on the recruiting front. They have a long history of landing guys. They will be back on top next year.

You are thinking HHH will be back on top with the 2027's? They will be lucky to come in third, behind both Brotherly Love and Team TEN.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is an average player and will not play in college. Is it a waste of time if my son is not playing for HHH, Birddogs, Duke's, or Team Ten? I feel silly, I just wanted my son to play a sport, make friends and have fun. After reading this board, it sounds like I dropped the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is an average player and will not play in college. Is it a waste of time if my son is not playing for HHH, Birddogs, Duke's, or Team Ten? I feel silly, I just wanted my son to play a sport, make friends and have fun. After reading this board, it sounds like I dropped the ball.

Not at all. lacrosse is a great sport and there are so many teams in our area. find one that he has friends on, coaches are fun, and he can just go out an play.
The joy of sports is being ruined by dreams of grandeur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because some parents are fool, doesn’t mean you have to be. Enjoy the sidelines w the right people, make sure your son enjoys playing on the field w the right people.
It’s a great sport, enjoy the craziness !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is in HS already and is definitely not playing in college, then it probably doesn't really matter which club he is playing for, as long as he is having fun and keeping a stick in his hand, to improve for the HS season. Of course some of these clubs are fairly expensive and are a big commitment, so at some point you will have to figure out if playing club is worth it overall. My oldest played club lacrosse for about 4 years and then decided to stop once we knew D1 lacrosse was not going to be in the plans. It may be better just to save your money and time to put into something else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is in HS already and is definitely not playing in college, then it probably doesn't really matter which club he is playing for, as long as he is having fun and keeping a stick in his hand, to improve for the HS season. Of course some of these clubs are fairly expensive and are a big commitment, so at some point you will have to figure out if playing club is worth it overall. My oldest played club lacrosse for about 4 years and then decided to stop once we knew D1 lacrosse was not going to be in the plans. It may be better just to save your money and time to put into something else.

Club lacrosse is literally the worst. Everybody is fool. It’s not fun. It’s expensive. Get out now while you can

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the advice. I talked to my son tonight and told him that he needs to make a choice about his future with lacrosse. Playing club lacrosse is a big expense for our family and it does not sound like there is a future in it. He was pretty upset. Kind of a low point as a parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You did, Have him quit, Sounds like it isnt your thing. Son will understand

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How old is your son, sir? I think you went about it in all the wrong ways…find a club that meets his skill set. Not playing because there’s no future in it? detest to break it to you, but he has no future in basketball, baseball or football either, statistically speaking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the advice. I talked to my son tonight and told him that he needs to make a choice about his future with lacrosse. Playing club lacrosse is a big expense for our family and it does not sound like there is a future in it. He was pretty upset. Kind of a low point as a parent.

If this is a low point, I would say you are doing pretty good. Kids are pretty resilient. This will build some character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have him play rec or for some cheap club( if there is any in area) .

He can always play D2 or D3 no matter what his skill level is. Not talking about better schools that play or academic, talking about a bunch of D2 and D3 schools that will take anybody that can throw or catch. There is a bunch out there.

Keep his academics up and hopefully around beginning of 12th grade he comes to his senses and realizes that the majority of D1 players are looking for work with a communication degree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH will come in 3rd/4th in recruiting with 2027. Dead last with 2028, 2029, and 2030. I guess we will just be hearing about 2031 on this forum for the next 4-5 years. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will the recruits from 28, 29, 30s come from? Lolol
Most of the kids will leave Freedom, Duke’s and Team Ten for the NLF opportunity, trust me.
ALL ain’t gonna cut it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club lacrosse is literally the worst. Everybody is fool. It’s not fun. It’s expensive. Get out now while you can

Weakest comment this board has ever seen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the kids will leave Freedom, Duke’s and Team Ten for the NLF opportunity, trust me.
ALL ain’t gonna cut it

Didn't happen for the 26s or 27s so not sure what you basing this on. And as other boards have shown ALL actually had better facilities and just as many coaches this year. Just lacked social media presence. And TBH the better tournament was the NAL which had all the Top 10 teams there. And who wasn't there?!? That's right HHH. All other NLF teams went but BM stays loyal to NLF tournaments only even if they are the second tier one while everyone else is at NAL. The only good tournament HHH attends is the NLF championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you recommend a club team for my son in the suburban Philadelphia area that develops non-elite players, has value in terms of the cost, and allows the players to have fun? He is entering HS next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ALL ain’t gonna cut it
NLF not a big deal if you play for one of the Private schools in area that are good. That is what is killing NLF and the fact that they only let teams in non NLF that cannot win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you recommend a club team for my son in the suburban Philadelphia area that develops non-elite players, has value in terms of the cost, and allows the players to have fun? He is entering HS next year.

There are none. Club Lacrosse is for elites. Even tho most players are not elite.

Club lacrosse is a source of money for Director or Directors. All want to make money.

Find a rec team. If none around, Have fun in HS, you dont need club if all you want to be is a regular player. Wall Ball and some fun with stick and you will be fine on any HS team besides the top ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private schools are what’s killing NLF? Lolol
Okay, buddy - NLF has always been loaded w/ private school kids, nice try.
HS is hugely important but NLF gets you the exposure you need “, that’s a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone let me know if there is a club team in the Philadelphia area that only charges $500/year? My son really wants to play but we don't have the funds at the moment. I'd detest to let him down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private schools are what’s killing NLF? Lolol
Okay, buddy - NLF has always been loaded w/ private school kids, nice try.
HS is hugely important but NLF gets you the exposure you need “, that’s a fact.

If you're a top level recruit, NLF doesn't matter at all. If you're a top level recruit, college coaches will know who you are. The top 2024 recruit from the philly area played for Freedom, a non-NLF team, is now at Duke and was a top 5 recruit by almost all or all recruit rankings coming out of High School. College coaches care about your skills, character and your academic capabilities, not whether or not you played for an NLF club team. Anybody saying otherwise is either a liar or doesn't know what they're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone let me know if there is a club team in the Philadelphia area that only charges $500/year? My son really wants to play but we don't have the funds at the moment. I'd detest to let him down.

unfortunately probably only Rec League in your town is under that price. they shoud have programs for K-8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unfortunately probably only Rec League in your town is under that price. they shoud have programs for K-8th grade.

Yes. He plays rec and is one of the top players in our town. I guess it doesn't cost anything for him to continue to hit the wall at the park down the street from our apartment. How much does a normal club team cost?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s great for top level talent - everyone knows why Ben McCarthy got recruited. We alls we BB from Springfield going to MD.
But for the next tier and the tier after, NLF does matter. You can’t point to a few beasts and say “see told you so”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s great for top level talent - everyone knows why Ben McCarthy got recruited. We alls we BB from Springfield going to MD.
But for the next tier and the tier after, NLF does matter. You can’t point to a few beasts and say “see told you so”

Besides the rare occasional outlier, NLF matters.

The only one it doesnt matter to is the one who cant play on a NLF team. Get better and get on NLF or be left behind, Sorry, that is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. He plays rec and is one of the top players in our town. I guess it doesn't cost anything for him to continue to hit the wall at the park down the street from our apartment. How much does a normal club team cost?

at the middle school and high school levle you are looking $2400 - $3600 plus travel expenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only one it doesnt matter to is the one who cant play on a NLF team. Get better and get on NLF or be left behind, Sorry, that is what it is.

Tell that to Team Ten who had 22 commits for the 2025 class.

NLF mattered when it was the only game in town. That is changing and kids are being seen outside the NLF now. When it first started the Top Teams joined for obvious reasons making it the best for recruiting and top talent. Now that the NLF is starting block certain teams you will start seeing the ALL compete and any NAL event has all the top 10-20 teams at an age group. The club team matters more than the "league". Get on a better club team in your area and you will be recruited don't worry about the league.
And my son was on an NLF team and chose to leave for a better non-NLF team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only one it doesnt matter to is the one who cant play on a NLF team. Get better and get on NLF or be left behind, Sorry, that is what it is.[/quote]

You really think if you play for a non NLF team, you can't get recruited to a mid tier D1 school, a D2 school or a D3 school as a non top tier player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or be in NLF and do not play against best teams in NLF tourney's because NLF will not let them in their tourney's. Team Ten 26's beat all NLF Teams and Team Ten 27 just beat LI Machine 27 this summer along with Leading Edge. Comical yeah NLF is the best. Keep lying to yourselves and your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ALL is crushing 2026 commitments. TT, SweetLax, Mad Dog, 3d NE etc all going Top 20. You can post on a message board or just look for yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is a top player , you may want to reach out to the travel clubs in your area and explain your financial situation. Some of the travel clubs in our area have scholarships. I’m sure they may consider, if he is a good player, who can contribute to their team. Collect some film / video of him playing. Get a letter from his rec. league coach.

You may still need to pay for travel expense, but not the club fees and tournament fees. It really can’t hurt to ask. I hope your son gets a chance to play at the next level! Good Luck! So many “rich kids” take all of it for granted! Many don’t even seem like they want to be there. frown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or be in NLF and do not play against best teams in NLF tourney's because NLF will not let them in their tourney's. Team Ten 26's beat all NLF Teams and Team Ten 27 just beat LI Machine 27 this summer along with Leading Edge. Comical yeah NLF is the best. Keep lying to yourselves and your kids.

Momma always said never take advice from an angry woman,Go down to Barbaras nails,Tell them we sent you,You get good price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think the NLF is the “end all, be all”, however, I don’t think it’s nothing and I do think they provide opposite kids to get looks. My son gained exposure at the IMG event/showcase they hold (only avail through NLF).
So there is value in it. But, yes, I def agree that it’s not a MUST to get recruited. I will speak for my family and confirm it helped, for whatever that’s worth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is a top player , you may want to reach out to the travel clubs in your area and explain your financial situation. Some of the travel clubs in our area have scholarships. I’m sure they may consider, if he is a good player, who can contribute to their team. Collect some film / video of him playing. Get a letter from his rec. league coach.

You may still need to pay for travel expense, but not the club fees and tournament fees. It really can’t hurt to ask. I hope your son gets a chance to play at the next level! Good Luck! So many “rich kids” take all of it for granted! Many don’t even seem like they want to be there. frown

Thank you. This is good advice.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #447945 Yesterday at 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rambo wins another PLL title then takes Lasalle job, that’s what I’m hearing

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #447948 Yesterday at 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rambo wins another PLL title then takes Lasalle job, that’s what I’m hearing

He has been coaching in Florida for a private school in Jacksonville. Is he going to be Head Coach

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 95 1 2 92 93 94 95
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard