Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would put Skywalkers in 4th behind M&D Hero's MD United if you look at it top to bottom from 2023-2032. Skywalkers better than MDU as a whole in HS age groups, traditionally and at moment but MDU prob better at every age group under High School and in many grad years, by large margin.

I think Skywalkers continues to be a good option, but I'm not sure Coppermine and Skywalkers can both be great at same grad year.

Within the next year or two, the SW 2029 team will be just like the SW 27 team. Look where they were two years ago, probably in similar position as the SW 29 team is now. Yet, the SW 27 team has quickly become a top team. .

SW Blue 27 was ranked in the 40s in 2022.
They are now 17th but closer inspection of their schedule reveals they have not had one quality win. They have been blowing out B teams.
Their marquee win was 13-6 over 22nd ranked Philly Blast.

Evidence of improvement over 2022? Yes, evidence of being a "top team". I wouldn't say that.

People think the 27 team is "attracting top talent". But really they are picking up Hero's and M&D kids who were cut.

Skywalkers is ok. But their youth teams are bad

This is not true. 27 team added players from top teams who would have made their team again and played. Skywalkers is a good option for players not blinded by tshirts during middle school years and looking at the big picture. Far safer bet to move here than some other clubs who have absolutely no history of recruiting. Especially considering they do a good job with development, and by the time they all reach high school, there will be plenty of parity among these teams anyway.

Couldn’t agree more. They have the track record and that is why top players from other clubs moved over. I can see the same thing happening over there next few years with the 2029s. Heros is good, M&D is good but I can see SW jumping Coppermine and MDU over the next few years. All it takes is a few kids who are tired of their club for whatever reason to jump.

There will only be the same old 3 clubs at the top? What makes you think that SW will jump ahead at the 29 group? MDU and Coppermine are light years ahead of SW at the 28 group and nothing is changing there. Why would the 29s be any different?