Originally Posted by Anonymous
Eagles stix won the “A” bracket going 3-0 and beating MDU on a goals against tie breaker to get in the championship. They beat Next Level. M&D Red winning the “B”bracket Championship. Coppermine went 1-2 and our only win was against M&D, 6-5. Seems we really get up to play them. We came from another club who didn’t play them and talking to our parents it seems every club gets up to play them. They had one player that was tough to stop. She had 4 of the 5 goals I think. We were able to keep her in check for the most part and the rest of their team struggled to finish against our goalie who played great with 11 saves. They didn’t seem any better than MDU or Pride who beat us. I would say Eagles Stix and MDU were the top two teams there this weekend.

We lost to MDU in the first game, 9-6. The sun was terrible going one way early and they jumped out to 7-0 halftime lead. We just couldn’t recover when we had the sun advantage in half 2. Lost to Pride in game 3, 8-7. I think the high of beating M&D in game two had us flat in game 3.

As for all the talk on the coaches, this is our first year with Coppermine. They have been great to us. I haven’t seen any of the play being discussed. Our girls play hard and the coaches are intense but nothing dirty. It’s a shame people have to [Censored] talk 6th grade girls. Welcome to club lacrosse, sad.

Second person to mention M&D's "one" player, I am assuming you are talking about number 12 since you mentioned the 4 goals. It seems everyone is on to the fact we don't really pass the ball and everyone assumes we go as she goes. That seems to be the M&D way at all ages but, with a little more ball movement, we probably beat you guys and everyone else. We are an iso offense right now and everyone knows it. We have the most talented roster in the mid Atlantic, we aren't just one player. Our players have yet to be coached to the level of these other teams.
Don't they have a couple of "hold backs" on their roster too?

4 or 5 if I am not mistaken. She isn't one of them and don't get me wrong she is a very talented player. We just can be better if we played team lacrosse. There are several girls on that team who can play at a very high level.

You must be one of those "MOVE THE BALL!!!" dads UNTIL the ball gets to your daughter. If you want her to be able to take more shots, move to a different team. The sheriff is already in your town.