Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are only 6 clubs in the nation that all three of its middle school age teams are in the top-12 of the rankings.

3 of them are in Maryland (Hero's M&D MD United), to me, the club with the biggest upside is MDU if it can continue to develop, retain and add talent. Big if obviously, but but I don't think the local clubs to MD United are in right direction (M&D Shore/Integrity/CC Lax).

Are you implying that Coppermine has no upside because their 27 team is ranked lower than their other teams? Let's be real here.

Coppermine has little track record with HS age teams.
Sure, they have "upside" but they do have a few disadvantages vs say other clubs with upside.

First, is location. They have to compete locally with Skywalkers which does have an elite track record for HS recruitment. SW isn't good in younger ages, that is undeniable. But they tend to get really good quick, case in point, 2027 SW now in top-15, was ranked 58th in 2020-2021.

Second, Tucker doesn't have experience on this side of the fence, that is, the one trying to get players recruited vs recruiting players. Maybe that doesn't matter but its worth noting.

Third, and this is just my opinion, with Coppermine Central, Coppermine North, Coppermine West, they may be spread a little too thin. The brand does get watered down that way.