Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syracuse will be there, they are loaded, with both players and coaches.

Easy there. Not “loaded” when compared to other top teams which have far more proven talent. New coach with no experience. They will not finish in the top 5
No experience? Your kidding, right? “Loaded” is such a ridiculous word, but they certainly not struggling w/ talent. EH & MC will be back & EW has proven herself as a player. Clearly u don’t know much about the team.

Pretty sure the poster was pointing out that Syracuse has a new head coach that has no head coaching experience. As far as talent goes, Syracuse obviously has talent as do the rest of the top programs. Games are played on the field, not on paper and coaching plays a major role in the outcome especially when competing against strong teams. I’m sure Syracuse will play a difficult schedule and they will be competitive, maybe they finish in the Top 10 but it is unlikely that they will make it to the Final Four.

Syracuse will definitely be battled tested come Tournament Time. The ACC is, as we know always tough but Syracuse has some solid teams on their out of conference schedule including Stanford, Stony Brook, Northwestern, Florida and Loyola. The Orange have three games in 8 days all on the road Virginia, Florida, Va Tech that could be challenging. The new coach has her work cut out for her, not an easy road to The Final Four for any team let alone a team with a rookie head coach. I believe she will be a good coach I just think there is always a learning curve.