Originally Posted by Anonymous
VLC parent here and this is my sons first year playing club lacrosse. The competition was extremely competitive for us this past weekend and overall I thought our kids showed up and put up a pretty good showing!! We are a few kids away from really being able to compete at the AA/Elite level; I agree, but we enjoyed playing against these talented teams. I was extremely impressed with FCA; we hung with them in the first half but this team has a second and 3rd gear that I did not see all day and really shut us down and took over in the second half. From faceoff, transition game, ball movement and defense they were a completely different team in half number 2; we just did not have the horses to stick with them. I am not sure where we will be in the spring but I hope we still are playing at this level of lacrosse it can only benefit this team.

Agree. Next Level went up fast on VLC but seemed disinterested in playing after the first 5 minutes. FCA vs NL would have been a good game. My guess is a fired-up NL team would beat FCA. Madlax was surprising small but a lots of speed and stick skills. To compete at AA/Elite, VLC needs several more pieces especially on the offensive end. Expect VLC will be powerhouse in a year or two.