Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was 3D New England in the WSYL qualifier or are they typically older like Laxachusetts?

Exxxxactly. Typically when a team pops up and becomes good it's the sad daddy's of the 25 kids who couldn't make it in 25 and reclass and then all of a sudden they are good. See Baltimore Crabs for example. Couldn't win a game and then they held 8 kids back. All for the lax glory of dad who never had it and wants it so bad he'll get it by making his son repeat a year of school!

Same old nonsense from the LI crowd. Last I checked, most club tourneys are grade based, not age based. Only one that I know of...WSYL. So if I'm not mistaken, nobody is doing anything wrong. Either you beat'em or you join'em. It just that the coaching and stick skill advantage the LI kids have by being born with a stick in their hands, disappears as they get older and athleticism takes over. And believe it or not, it happens in LI also. Wasn't Spallina born in 2003? He's graduating in 2022. By my calculation, that would a kid born in 2007 graduating in 2026. So give me a break with the whining. It is what it is. MD, VA, CT, MA kids are getting more of their multi sport athletes involved in lacrosse and you are seeing the results. LI doesn't have a monopoly on the sport like the old days. I'll take a good big player over a good little player anyday.

LI kids aren’t smaller, they’re younger. There is a difference.

Spallina wasn't younger. And I'm guessing many more are not. It's just a narrative that LI folks like to perpetuate. #dellusional