Originally Posted by Anonymous
Their not just committing kids to commit kids. These coaches livelihoods depend on them winning. They've been watching these kids numerous times before they get serious. I know a bunch of kids that have taken visits but have no offers. I also know kids that took big state schools over very interested IVY's. And yes the Ivy is recruiting already.
All these 2020 kids committing is so hysterical. Good for them, I hope it works out how they think it will. It is just so, so far away and I feel like the college coaches are in somewhat of a feeding frenzy right now and they are just committing the first kid that says yes. Also, kids (and parents) are just jumping at the first offer. Seriously, what is the rush?
Bird in the hand..... Think of it this way - UNC has already 7 commits. How many do you think they take? 12? 15? More? Less? Say you wait until this time next year, there probably won't be any spots left. Not sure there will be any after the Fall

They don't mind because they're getting the top kids

UNC will take 10 or 11 kids in each of the years 19 and 20 . At this point in time for 2019 AND 2020 there are only approximately 6 or 7 places left. UNC just comitted amother 20 defenseman from the Crabs 3 spots left in 20 and not even the end of summer like it or not it's just the way it is.

Ivies are interested in some 2020, but no visits are happening yet. They traditionally wait to see some grades. So no, they are not recruiting yet.